What are duct cleanings?
Duct cleaning is the professional cleaning and disinfecting of the air ducts, registers, and other parts of your heating and cooling system. Over time, your ducts accumulate dirt and debris such as pet hair, dirt and even insect parts. Your air is circulating through these potentially bacterial hazards constantly. A thorough cleaning can remove all of these buildups for cleaner breathing.
What are the benefits?
Your duct system is a collection source for contaminants that have the potential to affect health, such as mold, dust mite debris, fungi, bacteria, and very small particles of dust. The removal of theses contaminants from your duct system is considered as one component in an overall plan to improve indoor air quality.
What can I expect?
Our technicians will inspect your heating and cooling system and use professional methods that will not only loosen dust and debris, but then remove it from your air system. Our tools allow us to use a double cleaning method that uses brushes and air whips that are used to agitate the debris that adhered to the surfaces. A vacuum unit alone will not get your duct system clean. We will complete your “American Star Super Duct Cleaning” in 3 to 5 hours or longer if needed and make sure all of the access holes and openings are re-sealed so your ducts will be clean and airtight. We take pride in our work and if we find any part of the ductwork that is not clean to your standard we will go back and redo what’s needed.
How much should a duct cleaning cost?
The Environmental Protection Agency says that duct cleaning services typically – but not always – range in cost from $450 to $1000 per heating and cooling system, depending on the services offered, size of the system, accessibility, climactic region, and level of contamination (EPA.com). They also mention that you should be aware of the “blow and go” air duct cleaning companies. These companies are usually upstart duct cleaning companies, or they could just be carpet cleaning, window or gutter cleaning companies that are not experienced with your heating and cooling system. They advertise a super low rate and then recommend expensive upgrades; some just add these services without your approval. The “American Star Super Duct Cleaning” is done by our own certified technicians that know and understand your heating and cooling system and without any surprises.
You can always be assured that the certified technicians that we send to your home have been background and drug screened. They will treat your home and your family with respect providing you the best value in products and services. We follow the National Air Duct Cleaning Association procedures (NADCA.com) and I have included some steps that we follow on the back of this letter. We truly thank you for your business.
1. Protect Areas by Putting Boot Covers on and Laying Down Drop Cloths
2. Inspect Duct Work for Areas That May Need Special Attention
3. Connect Outdoor Vacuum System To Duct Work. (Returns & Supplies)
4. Put Duct Work into Negative Pressure (Cover or Close Registers & Grills)
5. Hand Vacuum All Openings (Keeps area cleaner for step #6)
6. Power Whip Entire Duct System
7. Clean Air Condition Indoor Coil
8. Sanitize Air Conditioner Indoor Coil (Kills Fungus and Mold)
9. Treat Air Condition Indoor Coil (Time Release Anti-Bacteria)
10. Clean Furnace Blower, Motor, Wheel and Housing
11. Clean and Sanitize Registers and Grills
12. Sanitize Complete Duct System
13. Inspect Duct Work with Visual Inspection Camera
14. Conduct Indoor Air Quality Survey